Wednesday 3 February 2016

Will Daith Piercing Be Your Cure?

You might have heard about daith piercing, or not at all...like me. I first heard about it a few months ago, so I decided to look into it to see if it might be something for me. 

Here is what I found:
Daith piercing is a piercing in your inner ear. It is thought to be passing through the ear’s innermost cartilage fold, an essential pressure point. If you stimulate it your headache and even migraines can be reduced. This is where the earring comes in.  


It is thought to pressure this point, just like acupuncture, which is the ancient Chinese medicine. Needles are inserted at specific points on the body to ease pain.

If you dont want to pierce your ear(s) then try to massage your inner ear on the same side as the migraine and you might find relief. It is worth a try!

As I still am not sure it will help me I will try the above, if I notice an effect I might consider it. On the plus side, if you want to try it you can get so many nice earrings, like this one:

                                                 

Please note, the effect of daith piercings relation to decrease migraines has not been officially studied. Please speak to your doctor about any questions you might have.
All images are taken from google.

2 comments:

  1. I believe the reason the daith piercing may be effective for some people b/c it's passes through the gallbladder/liver meridian in TCM. The gallbladder is the seat of anger. Anger is disappointed love. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the reason the daith piercing may be effective for some people b/c it's passes through the gallbladder/liver meridian in TCM. The gallbladder is the seat of anger. Anger is disappointed love. T

    ReplyDelete